- As a nation we are known as dog lovers, since your dogs are a part of your family it is only natural that they should be part of your holiday. The Lake District is a wonderful place to holiday with your dog. There are an abundance of dog friendly attractions, places to eat and lots of walking in beautiful scenery.
- Your holiday lodge is based on Limefitt Park, which is in the stunning Troutbeck Valley, near Windermere. It is pet friendly and comes with all the comforts you would expect in a home away from home, allowing you and your dogs to enjoy your holiday in style. Your lodge has a large decked area with lockable gates, so your dog can keep an eye on what’s going on, securely.
- There are so many walks straight from the lodge, making it ideal for exercising your dogs. Dogs must be kept on a lead on the Park, but the dog field is set aside for your dogs to stretch their legs, while you take in the stunning scenery.
- The Haybarn Inn situated on the Park is dog friendly and there are 2 other dog friendly pubs within a 15 minute walk.
- Please remember to include your dog/dogs in your booking and take advantage of our dogs go free offer to let your pet enjoy the holiday with you. Two well behaved dogs stay free of charge, no hidden extras!
- Limefitt Park - is an award winning park located in one of the Lake Districts most beautiful valleys, Troutbeck, near Windermere. It has an abundance of walks and wildlife in spectacular, unspoilt surroundings. Limefitt is not remote though, as it is a short drive to both Windermere and Ambleside. Access to the park is over a traditional stone bridge which spans Troutbeck, one of the main sources for lake Windermere.
- Reception - The old Mill has been converted into the parks reception and shop. It stocks papers, groceries, beer and wine. There is also a wide selection of DVDs for hire. The reception also has a variety of tourist information leaflets and the helpful staff have a host of local knowledge.
- The Haybarn Inn - A Traditional Lakeland inn just a few minutes stroll from the lodges. Great food, hand pulled local ales, log burners, comfy sofas, Sky TV and friendly staff. Separate room with pool table, dart board, arcade games and slot machines. The beer garden has beautiful views over the park across to Wansfell.
- Children’s playground - Plenty for everyone in the playground. Swings, slides, see-saw, sand pit and the zip wire. The picnic tables are between the playground and stream a great place just to sit.
- Troutbeck river - A popular place to cool off in summer for everyone. Lots of wildlife can be seen by the river
- Games Field - Large open area with football and badminton nets.